July 3, 2010
Candy Cane Cheesecake Recipe
1 1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 8oz packages of cream cheese
2 Tablespoons butter
2/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients and press into a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Blend sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour and both extracts until smooth.
4. Add cream cheese and 2 Tablespoons butter. Stir in crushed candy.
5. Pour into crust and bake on lowest rack of oven for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
6. Allow to cool (top may crack) and refrigerate overnight. Remove from pan and serve.
Top with sweetened whip cream and garnish with candy cane if desired.