- 1/4 cup ancho chilies, toasted, seeded and ground in a spice grinder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 3 lbs.)
- Honey glaze (below)
- In medium bowl, stir together chilies, paprika, cumin, kosher salt and brown sugar. Pat mixture on both sides of ribs and place in a single layer in resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Place drip pan on one side of grill. Heat coals or gas grill for indirect, medium-low heat (300 degrees F). Place ribs on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning ribs occasionally, until pork is tender and no longer pink when cut near bone.
- Cut each rib rack into 4 pieces. Serve with honey glaze.
Conventional Method: Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Place ribs, meaty side up, on rack of broiler pan. Bake uncovered 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until pork is tender and no longer pink when cut near bone.
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 cup honey