4 to 5 pound Boston Butt pork roast
1 large onion, chopped
1 ½ cups water
1 cup vinegar
½ cup catsup
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons dry mustard
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place roast in a roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stir well, and pour over roast.
- Cover and bake until meat is very tender – approximately 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove roast from sauce and chop meat or “pull” apart with 2 forks, removing excess fat as you go.
- Skim excess fat from sauce. Return the meat to the sauce, stir well, and bake at 325 for another 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve as is – yum- or on buns with coleslaw.