July 3, 2010
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
Peanut Butter Mixture:
1/2 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
Cream Cheese Filling:
2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 large eggs
1. Make the crust by mixing graham cracker crumbs with sugar, then add melted butter and press into 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake at 325° for 8 minutes.
2. While crust is baking, make peanut butter mixture. Using a fork, cut in powdered sugar with peanut butter until balls form. Cut in brown sugar.
3. When crust is done, pour all but 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixure over crust. Save 2 tablespoons for garnish.
4. Make the cream cheese filling by mixing softened cream cheese with sugar, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs. Beat 5 minutes.
5. Pour over peanut butter mixture and garnish with remaining peanut butter mixture. Bake at 350° until done (approximately 35 minutes). Cool 3 hours.