Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Container: Roasting pan, saucepan, large serving platter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ORANGE MARMALADE SAUCE:
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 6 ounces orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cilantro - fresh and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 1 yellow pepper - chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces black beans - rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese - shredded
- 1 cup red pepper cheese - shredded
- sour cream - for garnish if desired
- jalapeño - sliced for garnish if desired
Spicy Shredded Pork Nachos Recipe
* Preheat oven to 325° F.
* Mix all the spices together in a small bowl.
* Place the roast on a large piece of tinfoil.
* Rub the roast al over with the spice mixture.
* Place the roast with the tinfoil under it in a roasting pan.
* Pour 2 tablespoons oil over the roast.
* Cover tightly with foil.
* Roast the pork for 2-2 1/2 hours or just until very tender.
* Remove from the oven, reserving the juices in the bottom of the pan.
* Allow the roast to cool slightly. Chop and shred the pork and return it to the pan juices in the roaster.
* Mix the meat in with the juices and keep it warm in a low 200°F oven.
* For the marmalade sauce, mix the celery, juice, red curry paste and ginger in a saucepan.
* Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
* It will reduce down and thicken somewhat as it simmers.
* Add the marmalade and cook 15 minutes more.
* Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and salt.
* Heat a skillet over medium heat with two teaspoons of olive oil.
* Add the red and yellow pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the drained beans and heat through. Set aside.
* To assemble, layer half of the chips on a serving platter.
* On top of the chips, layer the seasoned pork; then drizzle the marmalade sauce on top of the pork.
* Next, add a layer of the pepper and bean mixture; then add a layer of cheese and half of the green onions.
* Repeat the layers and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. They can also be cooked in a 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes.