2 tbsp margarine
1/4 cup green pepper; chopped
4 tbsp chopped onion
1/4 cup toasted almonds; chopped
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 tsp oregano
4 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup water
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 bay leaf
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lime peel
- Melt margarine in skillet. Add green pepper and 2 tablespoons onion.
- Add almonds, bread crumbs, oregano, one tablespoon lime juice, coriander and salt; mix well.
- Spoon filling down center of each tilapia fillet.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In shallow baking pan, combine remaining 2 tablespoons onion, water, garlic, bay leaf, red pepper and remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice.
- Place the tilapia in pan and bake 400°F oven for 30-35 minutes, basting occasionally until tilapia flakes easily.
- Remove the fish to a serving platter. Garnish with strips of lime peel.