|1/2 cup Water|
1-1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup (4 ounces) Butter, cut into small pieces
14 ounces Evaporated Milk
2 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
2 cups Pecans, chopped
1 Pre-Baked 9-inch Pie Shell
1 cup Whole Pecans
|1. Preheat oven to 475 F.|
2. Add water and sugar to saucepan. Boil about 15 minutes, until sugar caramelizes.
3. Remove saucepan from heat.
4. Pour mixture into bowl.
5. Stir in butter and evaporated milk slowly, and allow cooling for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in unsweetened chocolate. Mix until smooth. Cool 15 minutes.
7. Stir chopped pecans into chocolate mixture.
8. Pour chocolate-caramel mixture into pie shell.
9. Arrange whole pecans over top of chocolate caramel mixture.
10. Bake 10 minutes until filling is set. Cool one hour.
11. Slice and serve with premium vanilla ice cream.