2 lbs. cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream, room temperature
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon juice
For White Cake
4 egg whites
1 c. milk
3 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. rum flavoring
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. confectioners sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. unsalted butter, softened (10 2/3 tbsp.)
For Pineapple-Coconut Frosting
3 3/4 c. confectioners sugar (1 lb. box)
8 tbsp. butter, room temperature
3 to 4 tbsp. milk
3/4 tbsp. coconut flavoring
3/4 tbsp. rum flavoring
1/4 tbsp. pineapple flavoring
8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c. sweetened coconut
For Cream Cheese Frosting
12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. confectioners sugar
Cheesecake Factory Pina Colada Cake Cheesecake
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place 2 large shallow pans filled with 1/2 inch of water into the oven to create a water bath.
- Prepare 2 greased 9-inch springform pans by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom of them to prevent leakage from the water bath.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Divide batter between the springform pans.
- Place one cheesecake pan into each of the water baths in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake for another 35-40 minutes until the sides are set. The center should be slightly jiggly as it will firm up during cooling.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
Make the White Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9-inch round baking pans.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, 1.4 c. milk, vanilla, and rum.
- Mix the flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt together in another bowl.
- Slowly add the butter and remaining ¾ c. milk to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture and mix the batter until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour half the batter into each of the prepared 9-inch pans.
- Bake cake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake layers for about 15 minutes before loosening them from the pan, then remove and cool completely.
- Freeze for 4 hours or more.
Make the Pineapple-Coconut Frosting
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and flavorings in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy.
- Add crushed pineapple and sweetened coconut and continue to beat, adding more milk if necessary, until frosting is at the desired consistency.
- Place frosting in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. #Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
Assembling the Cake
- Remove the chilled cheesecakes from the springfoam pans; Remove the white cake layers from the freezer.
- Top each layer of cake with pineapple-coconut frosting.
- If the frosting is wet due to the chopped pineapple, you may want to return the cakes to freezer for a few moment so they are easier to layer.
- Place one layer of white cake on a plate, then place one cheesecake layer on top of the white cake layer.
- Repeat with remaining white cake and cheesecake layers.
- Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and return it to the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and cover the entire cake with a crumb-coat of cream cheese frosting to trap all loose crumbs before adding your final layer of frosting.
- Chill and serve with whipped cream.
- This Cheesecake Factory layered cheesecake requires some “down time” while cake layers freeze before assembly. You’ll want to plan ahead so that you have enough time to fully rest the cake layers otherwise they might slide. Try making the cheesecake and white cake the night before and putting them in the freezer overnight. Then you can make the frostings and assemble the cake the following day.
- If you are pressed for time, try using a moist white boxed cake in place of the “from scratch” recipe. You could also use purchased white frosting for the middle layers by simply adding the flavorings, coconut and pineapple and letting it chill sufficiently before use.
It's All About Family, Friends and Great Food:
If U like saving at the Register: